Sunday, January 08, 2012

Quick and simple Raspberry Jam


I went to Whole Food Market and saw some really yummy Raspberries and also picked up some Raisin-Challah.


So when I got home I felt like making a quick home-made raspberry jam to enjoy with my Challah:



1 Pint of Raspberries

1 Apple peeled and cubed (I used Granny Smith for pectin)

1/2 cup of fine sugar

1/4 cup of water

Zest and juice of 1 lemon

1/4 cup good Orange Liqueur


Combine Raspberries, apple, sugar and water, bring to boil and then reduce to simmer for 10mins. After that time add lemon zest and juice and simmer for another 10 minutes. Take off heat and add orange liqueur.

If desired puree with immersion blender and fill in clean jars and store in refrigerator.



Enjoy with Challah or another bread of your choice!

4 comments:

  1. OOh. LOVE. My DH loves anything raspberry, and he would love this. I am so making some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if he likes it - I like that you can adjust how sweet you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is this what people call refrigerator jam?? - my gosh, sounds so perfectly easy and totally delicious!! i will definitely try - any suggestions on what to replace he liquor with (gotta make it kid friendly :-) )?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you don't want to use the orange liquor you can replace it with orange zest. I tried that for a cousin who cannot have any alcohol and it came out great as well.

    ReplyDelete